- 1 1/2 lbs Rowland Farm pork belly
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 ounce chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh epazote
- 4 cups canned white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups pork broth or chicken broth
- 2 cup diced zucchini and or yellow squash
- 2 each Jalapenos, diced
- 2 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch of circus and icicle radish (may substitute red radish)
- 1 cup chopped kale
- Season Pork belly generously with salt and pepper, sear on grill or in hot sauté pan on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- In large soup pot with oil, cook onion and garlic until both are translucent.
- Add squash, peppers, herbs and spices.
- Place seared pork belly in pot, cover with pork or chicken broth.
- Simmer for three to four hours until pork is fork tender.
- Remove pork from broth and dice into large cubes, return to soup and add hominy and kale.
- Taste for seasoning, re-adjust if necessary
- To serve place in bowl and garnish with cilantro and shaved radishes.
For more delicious recipes including Herb Grilled Lobster, Smoky Brown’s Harvest Asparagus, and Chipotle BBQ Glazed Rosedale Squash, please visit the Recipes page on the Max Chef To Farm website.