Weddings & Parties
Your vineyard wedding in Simsbury, Connecticut
Imagine getting married in a vineyard in Connecticut – having cocktails on the lawn over looking fields of flowers and a beautiful tree line. Dinner and dancing in our 60' x 90' tent and ending your evening with not one but two fire pits to enjoy under the stars.
Rosedale Farms & Vineyards hosts only one full day event each weekend from June through mid October. Our vineyard is yours from Friday at 10am for set up, if you so choose, until noon on Sunday for any additional clean-up and to collect any left behind items.
Pricing details and what is included:
Our site rental is $6,500. This is for a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Use of our 60' x 90' tent (with sides if needed)
- The vineyard for your ceremony
- The use of lawn area for cocktail hour as well as any games you’d like to set up
- All tables – 60” round, 8’ banquet, sweetheart, high tops for cocktail hour and 200+ chairs
- Prep tent, lighting and tables for caterer
- Electricity with backup generators
- Two upscale port-a-toilets as well as a handicapped accessible (Many couples rent a trailer toilet)
- Picnic tables for lawn area and benches around fire pits
- Two flatbed ’35 & ’47 trucks, cast iron claw foot tub, two wine barrels
- Perimeter bistro lighting in tent
- Two fire pits that we start and tend (firewood included)
- Designated parking area
- Two staff members always on site
- Plenty of time to CELEBRATE – ceremony may start as early as 4 pm and latest wrap up is at midnight, so there is more than enough time for a great celebration!
What is not included:
- Dance floor, (fans or heaters if needed, usually not)
Once you book your wedding date at Rosedale, finding a caterer is most likely your next big decision as we are strictly a site rental. It is up to you to find a caterer (we highly recommend Max Restaurant Group) but we are open to other caterers as well as food trucks. Caterers are required to leave our vineyard the way they found it and leave the property free of waste and litter. You will also need to contact any other vendors such as a DJ, photographer, and bartending services if needed. You must also spend a minimum of $500 on either our wine, flowers, and/or produce.
You can serve your own alcoholic beverages but we require that you purchase and serve only our wine.
****Please note that either your caterer (if they have a permit to serve alcohol) or your bartending service is responsible for serving all alcohol including beer and wine. There is no self-serve. Once the staff is no longer serving, no alcoholic beverages may be consumed. Your caterer, as well as other vendors, will need a Certificate of Liability naming Rosedale Farms & Vineyards as a one-day event.
Accommodations are also important and we have several hotels within five to ten minutes of our farm. Bradley International Airport is just twenty minutes from Rosedale Farms & Vineyards.
In order to reserve our venue we require that couples sign a rental agreement/contract and a $500 security deposit that will be used towards your final payment. One half of your balance is due one month beforehand and final payment is due the day before your wedding. We accept checks and/or cash only.
Your wedding weekend may span a couple of days. We do not host rehearsal dinners (although you may, of course, do your ceremony rehearsal) or farewell brunches as we think there are some other really great local places that can offer you and your guests a chance to experience more of the Farmington River Valley.
Maximum occupancy 300 persons.
Rates may be subject to change.
We book one year in advance. We will start booking for 2018 in Janury of 2017.
Click one of the following links to view photos of past Rosedale Farms & vineyards weddings.
*Outside photographers are strictly prohibited on any day that there is a private, paid function on the property including weddings, corporate events, festivals, dinners, etc. Please call Lynn at 860-808-8342 a minimum of 2 weeks in advance to schedule a photoshoot.